Monday, September 26, 2011

New healing possibilities!

Today brings new healing possibilities... Throughout my RSD/CRPS journey I have been blessed to have family and friends always keeping me in mind when they hear about any type of treatments that may help me find relief and healing. I am very hopeful today is the start of more progress in the direction of healing and remission!

I have my first of 6 to 10 appointments starting today with Angelique Bollettieri DOM, A.P., LMT Doctor of Oriental Medicine. She has recently started treatments using SCENAR-therapy. SCENAR is an advanced form of electrotherapy and may be effective in treating acute and chronic pain.SCENAR therapy functions on two physiological principles: that the body has its own healing capabilities and that it is continually employing processes of self-regulation to maintain health. Scenar (Self Controlled Energo Neuro Adaptive Regulator) is a leading-edge Medical Technology which complements your existing health services.Essentially, Scenar prompt’s the body’s own adaptive processes and facilitates restoration of homeostasis through the release of neuropeptides emanating from the c-fibers' activation; thereby reducing stress and inflammation and effectively relieving symptoms of pain and dysfunction.Scenar is a hand held medical device that delivers non invasive, non toxic, computer modulated, and therapeutic electro stimulation onto and through the skin. It is a biofeedback device involving no drugs and no surgery that aids the body in the self healing process and is FDA-approved for pain relief, muscle re-education and stress reduction.Half the explanation goes over my head, but it is new and anything that can allow a glimpse of going into remission is OK by me!

I have been working very hard on focusing on my blessings and honestly, other than RSD, my cup runneth over. I have been tapping back into my creative side to pass time at home, which really helps keep my mind off the pain. I also have been enjoying a once a week play date with my sister in law, niece and nephew which really brightens my day. Jason and I are better than ever and our sweet Lola turns six next month so although I have never been one to celebrate my pets Birthdays, I think this year we might just make an exception! I will take any excuse to celebrate now days! I am sure everyone will agree with me that Lola will look super cute in a Birthday hat!

I will certainly keep everyone posted on my progress, I know many out there are suffering with pain and this just might be our answer!

Happy Healing!!

The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system. ~Robert C. Peale

1 comment:

  1. I searched your blog and i don't see what happened when you tried the scenar therapy? What did happen with it?

    ReplyDelete