Tuesday, March 25, 2014

4 years and counting...



Tomorrow March 26th marks the 4th anniversary of my RSD journey; needless to say this isn’t exactly a happy time for me. I do feel proud of all the progress and accomplishments I have made but that doesn't make me any less sad about all I've lost and all that has changed for me and for my husband. Jason is my rock and I think that is why today I sit here feeling so confused. I should be feeling so blessed and happy because the very next day after my RSD Anniversary is my 9th Wedding Anniversary and that is something to be so HAPPY about! I sometimes can't believe how time flies and when I look at Jason I am so thankful it has flown by with him. Through the good and the bad he's been my best friend and he makes me smile everyday no matter how I feel. He is the BEST husband and that is the Anniversary I should be focused on, so why do I feel so sad today?? I guess this is me letting myself be sad for a moment in an attempt to shake it off! Tomorrows Anniversary I think I will allow myself to be a little sad and Thursdays Anniversary I will focus only on my love and how far we've made it together ! Us against the world!

4 comments:

  1. Not all anniversaries are celebrations and you most definitely are allowed to mourn what you have lost. I think sometimes when you do that you can be even more appreciative of what you still have and also what you have gained. You know I think you are amazing! I am so glad you have Jason. I know what a great guy he is and I know he the best medicine for you! Happy Anniversary to the both of you! I miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelle, you are strong! As my BFF I feel that I am not nearly around for you as much as I should be! But you are determined and able to strong physically; mentally; and emotionally! When you feel like you can't I will be mentally and emotionally strong for you. We are blest and as long as we remember that life will always be good! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this, Michelle! I know I am a few weeks late, but Happy Anniversary to you and Jason. What a journey you have both been on the last nine years. I am so thankful you have each other. I have learned in my 65 years of life, that the people that go through deep waters are the ones that have depth to their lives. They have been "refined by the fire"! They know what it is triumph over tragedy!!! You and Jason have a precious marriage that very few people will have, because of that journey. I love you and am very proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete