Tuesday, September 11, 2012

“Anything is possible if you are willing to do what it takes to get there!”



So, it’s been awhile since I have had anything to report and since “A day in the life of RSD/CRPS” is kind of like groundhogs day, I would not want to bore anyone with what I might like to go on about. I am constantly working on improving my condition and what that boils down to is

A) Move as much as I can
B) Move whenever I can 
C) Never get too down on myself when things are really tough.

Since treatment options are few and far between, it mostly comes down to management. I also don’t want to go crazy trying every experimental treatment and basically becoming a lab rat (which is really what RSD/CRPS patients are). I like to take my time weighing all my options before moving forward with anything, which brings us to why I am updating at this time.

Today I begin another series of treatments that are considered a new and natural approach to pain… Biopuncture.

Biopuncture, recently featured on the Dr. Oz show, is a new technique utilized by physicians for pain management. It’s an injection technique utilizing homeopathic medicines to stimulate the natural self-healing abilities of the body.  Sounds simple enough right??? Well, when you have been through what I have been through the last 2 ½ years, you would understand why the thought of needles getting anywhere near my feet would be in one word ” terrifying.” (And it is!!)  I am trying to mentally buck up for today’s events and remind myself that I can’t be afraid to try something that could possibly help me regain all the things I have lost. I have come a long way but still have so much more to go. Therefore I could use any and all prayer and positive vibes that today will go well, and that I can complete all 5 weeks of treatments and find some relief along the way.
 
For anyone interested in watching the Doctor Oz segments the links are provided below and each play about 5mins long:



I have been so blessed to have all the wonderful support a girl could ever ask for, so a BIG thank you goes out to everyone who has stood by my side since the beginning of my RSD/CRPS journey. Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment